Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Jedburgh

The hostel manager gave me a lift into Jedburgh this morning. We got there about nine o' clock. Good time to catch the shops as they open you'd have thought. Nothing doing. The town wakes up between half nine and ten. It gave me a chance to look around. I have been here several times before and have "done" all the touristy things; Mary Queen of Scots house, the Abbey, the Old Gaol, etc. Did a fair bit of window shopping, its the best way, you don't buy anything so it doesn't cost anything.
Anyway, the reason I wanted to be in Jedburgh was to take a look at the Community Arts Centre's gallery. The curator runs the local mountain bike shop so I needed to call there first.
Yes, you've guessed it. It dun'open till ten. But once ten o' clock arrived, shop opened and they were very helpful. I got a good look at the gallery so now I have some idea what needs to be done. It should hold about fifteen of my pictures. The wall space is about the same as the Duke's in Lancaster, maybe slightly bigger. The room is quite large with huge windows in one wall and modern floodlighting.
Afterwards, a stroll along the side of Jed Water, a cup of coffee, and then back to Byrness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're paintings will sell quite well in Jed, given that the landscape is familiar. It's be nice to see your stuff up there. Then again. they might be fed up of looking at sitkas....!
Cath