Saturday, January 27, 2007

Time is Running Out


At the end of February I have an exhibition at the Foyer Gallery in the Ludus Dance Centre in Lancaster. This last couple of days has been very cold but with clear skies. Being bereft of studio premises for the moment I have had to do some work outside. I need to get work mounted on panels and a few gesso boards prepared to make up a suitable body of work. But at least a great leap forward has been made in the more suitable i.e. dry and windless, weather. I hope to mount some twelve works similar to the one above. Each square is 10 x 10 cms. Some are of four squares and others five. They are all seascapes. Each group make up a composite whole being on a board 60x 20 cms. This piece shown here was painted in Cyprus. It shows the Mediterranean shoreline. Other works in the show will feature the Atlantic and Morecambe Bay as well as this.
But with only twenty -eight days to go I shall have to get my finger out as the saying goes.

No comments: