Monday, February 19, 2007

Only a week to go...



Completed this, the last peice of this body of work only last night. Now it is Monday so in exactly a week's time I will hang this show of eleven works.

I visited the gallery this morning and handed over a press statement along with a CD showing a powerpoint of the proposed exhibition. The private view is set for Tuesday next. All that remains to get done is print the invites to the private view, post them, get posters printed, distribute them, mount the works onto frames, fit mirror plates to mount them on the gallery walls, print a catalogue sheet and finally on the Monday physically put the show up. So much to do, so little time. But its always the same. Everything has to come together all at once. As I've said before, I'll be glad when the whole thing is on the wall. Then I can relax.

I was stuck for a title for this piece, most are called Atlantic #1, #2 and so on or Cyprus #1 etc but in the end I settled on their precice locations from the sketchbooks. This one is "Limassol" and the other vertical piece, "Tintagel". I'll probably show "Tintagel" tomorrow. The drawing work for Tintagel can be seen on The Draughtsman posting for today

When mounting an exhibition I feel sure that making the art is the easy bit. But then you have to work at that too if its to be any good.

No comments: