Tuesday, July 10, 2007

North Sea #1 (Roker)

New work this. The North Sea at Sunderland. The painting looks a bit sunnier than when I photographed the sea on a cold, grey day in February. each square is, as usual 10 x 10 cm. It is to be part of the forthcoming exhibition at Merthyr Tydfil. The exhibition title will be "Sea Pictures." The bottom frame, as can be seen is in full colour and the colour graduates towards the greyscale as the eye progresses upwards. To ensure I have the gradations right I usually desaturate an image of the picture to check.
As can be seen here, it seems to have worked out.
I am putting together some twelve pieces for this show. I just need to get another two made; one more vertical one, (North Sea #2?) and there is another horizontal one lined up. The sketches are all done, it only remains to do the finished paintings.



No comments: