Friday, September 28, 2007

Autumn in Lancaster


Signpost in the city centre. Even in the concrete jungle, nature claims things for her own. This sign is down on St. George's Quay. I have taken to daily walks around this city. I have lived here for twenty four years and I am still discovering fascinating little corners. Lancaster is a relatively small city, easy to eascape from on foot into the countryside, is on the West Coast main railway line and the M6. It lies only 20 miles from kendal and the Lake district.
The only indications of urban sprawl is where it has expanded into the other two expanding towns of Morecambe and Heysham.
But Lancaster itself has its little pockets of charm.
Last night all of us from Luneside were at a private view at the PAD Gallery in Preston. A good time was had by all. Well, let's just say I didn't get into bed on the same day I got up.

No comments: