Thursday, September 13, 2007

Countdown......



One of my sketches from last year in Limassol. I'll be back in Cyprus at the end of the month for a la'al while but in Larnaca this time. The studios have now moved from Limasol to a new [old] building in the Turkish quarter. I have been told it is the old police station. Interesting. We'll wait and see... I'll let you know when I get there. Seems to be the story of my artistic life at the moment, studios on the move.
All that lovely blue sea and golden sand. Actually I took advantage of my bus pass yesterday and had a trip to Morecambe and took a slow walk along the prom.
It was such a nice day with a warm breeze wafting in from the sea under a clear sky. On days like this, the need to go to distant lands becomes questionable. The scene in the above sketch could just as easily been Morecambe except to say the light was wrong and there is no view of the Lakes across the Bay.
So a gentle stroll for an hour or so from the Broadway to the Eric Morecambe statue, a stop for a quiet coffee and a cake (special offer £1.75) then another leisurely stroll back for the bus back to Lancaster. The bus route went "round the houses," but who cares? I was in no hurry. Let's enjoy things while they last.
Here's a picture of the Eric Morecambe statue ( he of Morecambe and Wise, the 1970s comedy duo) with my grandson from Wales. This was taken about a month ago while he was up here on holiday in our neck of the woods.









1 comment:

Swearing Mother said...

Nice sketch of Limassol Norman, and photo of lovely grandson! Aaah, bless!