Saturday, September 29, 2007

Some sketchbook pages (7)

Patterns made by the foam with the ebb and flow of the tide......
This image is a bit of a made up affair. the larger area is from a photograph but the smaller one is unmistakebly the isle of Cyprus with the larger bubbles where the principal towns are. If you look closely, - click on the picture for an enlarged view, - you should see the background is made up of cross-hatching with ruler-straight lines. It creates something of a textured effect to contrast the freehand drawing of the foam areas.
This blog will probably be a bit infrequent for the next month. My bus leaves for Heathrow today. I will post more ere I can get to a PC in Larnaca.

3 comments:

Swearing Mother said...

Have a great time Norman. Really looking forward to your sketches when you get back.

Best wishes.

Swearing Mother said...

Norman! Where the heck are you? I am getting worried now!

Norman said...

Don't worry. I'm back in Blighty but my latast blog will explain all.