Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas in the Valleys, - boyo

I'll be down in South Wales for Christmas. I will return with traveller's tales of monotonous motorways, stressed out road users and almost inevitable traffic jams where the M5 and M6 part company. I will return in time for Hogmanay. The only problem is the Lancastrians are so English. They don't keep it the way we do in the Borders, but I'll do my best.

This is not my favourite time of year; its dark, cold and everyone gets stressed out in the run up to the festive season. Wouldn't it be better if we had some sort of cheering-up event around mid Febuary or March when the winter seems to drag on for ever?

O.K. Winge over. The picture is called "Needles" and is a detail of a Sitka spruce in the Kielder forest. So its a bit of Christmas tree.

1 comment:

Swearing Mother said...

Merry Christmas Norman, to you and yours.