Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lancaster Curiosity (8)

At the bottom of Vicarage Fields there is a short terrace of houses inaccessible by car, a rarity. There are steps up into this short street followed by more steps up out of it. A little haven of peace away from the traffic noise.

Three years ago almost to the day, I retired from nursing. It doesn't seem that long somehow and yet, I feel I have always been retired. I remember it took quite some time to get used to the idea of not having to rush off and get to work. Now I can take my time, well, almost.

2 comments:

CrazyCath said...

Revamped profile is good.

Nice photos again. Waiting for Williamson Park and Ashton Memorial...

Norman said...

I will be getting up to that part of Lancaster in this series a bit later on. It will be covered after the series of the Pendle Witches "via dolorosa" trail which I should be getting onto sometime next week.