Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It is Finished

There has been a break in the wet weather, just long enough to get the house painting finished. Now the back of the house is done.
My postings have been a little infrequent of late but life is a bit hectic just now what with the Welsh contingent of my family being with us and me getting through the list of house jobs that was awaiting my return from Cyprus. But now they are all done, maybe I can turn my attention to preparing stuff for my next teaching stint in Larnaca. After all there's only just over six weeks to go and I leave this cold, sodden island, this jewel sinking into a shining sea, blah-blah-blah... this England. Dunno what John o'Gaunt saw in the place....
I'll bet that's why we haven't been invaded this last thousand years, our climate keeps 'em all away!

2 comments:

Swearing Mother said...

Love your house Norman, very pretty. You don't fancy painting ours do you?

Norman said...

Hi SM I might if I were a few years younger and the weather a bit kinder. It has been one of the coldest and wettest summers I care to remember.