Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It seems a world away now...

I've only been back five days and already Cyprus seems to be a world away. Here, we were having a musical evening. The guitarist is Phil and the flautist his partner, Anna. They were my hosts. I rented a room in their spacious bungalow. Both of them are painters in their own right and I shall post examples of their work anon. The seated violinist is a Swedish professional player and has a versatile repetoire ranging from Fritz-Kreisler to Stefan Grapelli. He is a very talented musician. Phil and Anna compose folk songs from time to time, usually with a strong Cypriot theme to them.

Breakfast time in their household can be a good way to start the day; they rehearse in the music room. They play a very soothing form of music.

1 comment:

david mcmahon said...

I'll wait patiently to see some of their work. If you reckon it's good, then it's GOOD!