Monday, December 22, 2008

Preparing for "Aphrodite's Island"

That is the name I've finally settled on for my upcoming exhibition at the LUDUS Centre in Lancaster.

LUDUS is primarily a dance studio but has a small art gallery in its foyer which supports local artists by giving a slot each month. I have been allocated a slot to run from Jan 5 2009 to the beginning of March.

Aphrodite's Island is, of course, Cyprus so half the exhibition will show pictures of the Mediterranean Sea around Cyprus and the rest of it will display images of mythological figures including Aphrodite, Artemis and Hermaphrodite.

The accompanying picture here is "Gynaeia", a portrait of a Grecian girl taken from a statue of the Hellenic period circa 500 - 300 BC.

I have had to stop work on the Caryatids for the time being while I get this exhibition mounted.

No comments: