Friday, March 27, 2009

Er, not QUITE so big...

This picture I posted t'other day is not the size I said it was. Just for curiosity, I picked up my tape in the studio and measured it. It sure doesn't look to be half a metre by three-quarters. Sure enough, once I'd measured it, it turns out to be half that size. 35 x 50 cms. Just a tad bigger than A3.
Not that I did too much at the studio today. Sanded a sculpture, sketched a few ideas and that's about it. I am feeling a little bit fragile today after last night's wedding anniversary celebration, and before you all ask....
No! I didn't get drunk!
We had a lovely evening at Quite Simply French, a rather more up-market restaurant than I usually go to. It is on St. George's Quay in Lancaster. We both really pushed the proverbial boat out and had full blown a-la-carte. The only trouble was that really the food was rather rich and something of an assault on our digestive systems that are more used to simpler fare. But it was a lovely meal and a nice romantic evening.
We were much kinder to our stomachs this evening, Greek Salad with feta and olives and an olive oil/lemon dressing. All washed down with a nice cup of (Tetley's) tea.

3 comments:

Swearing Mother said...

There's nowt better than a cup of Tetley's, my brew of choice. Thanks for visiting by the way, lovely to read you again.

Norman said...

You welcome, SM

Cath said...

And did you drink the champers I left you? Or was your stomach too sensitive by then. ;0)

Glad you had a good night.