Monday, April 13, 2009

Me and my Bicycle

It been such lovely weather this last couple of days I've got back on my bike and cycled to the studio. Usually by a fairly circuitous route. Yesterday I went down to the Lune Estuary and today rode out to the nearby village of Halton. First time in ages I've ridden beyond the city limits.
At my age I have become very much a fair weather cyclist so lets hope this nice weather continues. If it does, who knows? I might even get to ride a bit further.
How times change. It doesn't seem all that long ago when I would have considered a ride to Kirkby Lonsdale or Slaidburn, villages about twenty miles from Lancaster, to be a fairly moderate affair. Now I content myself with rides much closer to home or alternatively taking the bike on the train up into the Dales.
Now that's an idea.....

2 comments:

Cath said...

... or the train down to your daughter's neck of the woods and exploring Treales... Wharles... Inskip... the Fylde Coast... ;0)

Norman said...

That though has crossed my mind...
One day perhaps.